From the pages of an all Bard DnD 5e Campaign, meet:
High Elf Bard/Warlock.
College of Swords with an Arch Fey Warlock Patron.
Master of Disguise and Deception
Master of the rare twin necked Mandolute.
Attended Elfton College and was a member of the Bullywugs Club (we fellated pigs heads)
Defining Work: "Elminister's Golden Arse" - a dramatic poem inspired by a night of heavy drinking in Faerun
Current Magnum Opus in Development: "Stairway to Valhalla"
Lead song writer of the merry band of Bards, Mithral Airship, questing to win the favour of Our Lady Muse (ie: travelling across the continent to a Bardic Competition ordained by the Deity of Music and Art)
(nb: the PC was deliberately an arsehole - stupidly high performance skill just screamed channeling every douchbag rockstar(1) from the 70's)
On the Proper Comportment of Elvenkind When Aboard.
or notes from my personal adventuring journal: may they inspire Elves everywhere on how to conduct themself, as an Elf, in foreign lands
1) Human's make lovely corpses (after all they don't live long)
2) Human's don't make good ponies. They tire too quickly.
3) There is a reason Dwarves drink so much (this is NOT a compliment)
4) I have observed that Human's are very prudish when it comes to inter species sex - VERY PRUDISH INDEED (someone had to distract the Orc's guards, I nobly volunteered)
5) New song idea inspired by recent events 'The Wolf and The Halfling a Yiff Story'
6) Sometimes, I am forced to admit, Humans come up good ideas ... by accident.
7) When you come across a rival band of Bards .,,, there is always a 'Yoko Ono' to exploit to your bands advantage
8) Note to self: just because you've slept with them doesn't mean they're your friend
9) Humans are remarkably good Dragon bait
10) What is more important about enchanted cloaks is not what benefits it grants but, rather, do I look good in it?
11) When you come across new Human settlements and they bleat on about their 'Glorious Civilisation' remember they only recently moved out their caves ... be patient, smile nicely and say 'how quaint'
12) Humans really don't understand, it's not so much as' decadent'; it's more that after the first 100yrs or so you gotta change things up a bit or what is the point
(1) not all Rockstars from the 70's were douchebags ... but they did have a habit throwing TV's out of Hotel room windows etc